Canadian national / citizens and permanent residents may convey their folks/parents and grandparents
to Canada through one of two important programs: Family Class sponsorship or the Super Visa program.
Take note of:
The application procedure for the Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) has changed for the 2017 application cycle. If it’s not too much trouble, please see underneath for subtle elements.
Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) Changes for 2017
Canadian citizens/national and permanent residents who need to apply as sponsors are required to first total an online frame on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) site, to demonstrate their enthusiasm for applying to support and sponsor their parent(s) or grandparent(s). The online frame is accessible from January 3, 2017, at 12 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), to February 2, 2017, at 12 p.m. EST. After this 30-day time span, IRCC will arbitrarily welcome 10,000 people to finish and present an application to the PGP. All individuals who presented an online shape will be told whether they have been chosen or not. The individuals who are not chosen may demonstrate their enthusiasm to apply again in 2018. Competitors who are welcome to apply will have 90 days to present a total application and every single supporting record.
About the PGP
The Family Class sponsorship program incorporates a stream for the parent(s) and grandparent(s) of Canadian citizens/nationals and permanent residents.
Fruitful parent(s) and grandparent(s) under this program will get Canadian permanent residence and might have the capacity to apply for Canadian Citizenship four years from there on. To be qualified for Family Class sponsorship, the sponsor in Canada must meet the accompanying necessities:
- The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen/national or permanent resident;
- The sponsor must be 18 years old or more established;
- The sponsor must surpass the base essential salary level for this program (if wedded or in a common-law relationship, the pay of both can be incorporated);
- The sponsor must sign an endeavor to reimburse any common social help benefits paid to the support and going with family member(s), assuming any, for a time of 20 years, if essential; and
- If the sponsor dwells or resides in Quebec, an extra “undertaking” must be agreed upon.
Sponsors should demonstrate that they meet the base salary prerequisites by submitting a notification of evaluation issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship and they should likewise exhibit they have met the base vital wage level for three sequential years.
Super Visa Program
The Super Visa Program allows guardians/parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term guests. Effective applicants and candidates get numerous section guest visas that may keep going for up to 10 years. Dissimilar to standard guest visas, which must be restored like clockwork, a Super Visa stays legitimate for a long time at once.
To be qualified for the Super Visa program, guardians and grandparents must meet standard guest visa prerequisites. Likewise, they should:
- Provide a written commitment of financial help and support from their child or grandchild in Canada;
- Demonstrate that the sponsor in Canada meets least salary necessities;
- Demonstrate they have purchase Canadian medical coverage and insurance for no less than one year; and
- Finish an immigration therapeutic examination.
Contingent upon the nationality, guardians/grandparents may require a Temporary Resident Visa notwithstanding the Super Visa.
It will be ideal if you take note of that the Super Visa Program is the main alternative accessible as of now.
To see whether you or your relatives are qualified for both of these projects, please fill our free assessment form.